How to make your own Venus Transit viewer..
- you will need a piece of card and a lens of some kind, binoculars or camera lenses work just fine
- cut a whole the same diameter as your lens in the centre of the cardboard
- using the lens hood or what you have handy secure the lens to the cardboard
- attach your lens to a tripod using rope, tape, bungees, etc.
- point the lens at the sun and project the image onto another piece of card
Thats pretty much it. The projected image is really small in the photo as I am holding it pretty close and because its midday. This evening, during the event, the sun will be much lower hopefully allowing for a larger projection.
If you choose to make one of these I would be interested in seeing your results.